Taryn’s Quirky Gift Guide for Men (& others!)
Trying to find a gift for the difficult to buy for person in your life (it’s probably a guy, amirite? Why are they so darn hard to buy for?)
These are all under 50 bucks so won’t break the bank either.
1. This mug! How cool is it? Only €14.99 and available at iwoot
2. Anatomical heart embroidered hoop, €25.46, handmade in Ireland by Emma at The Curious Needle.
4. Pocket Kitty Brooch, €12,00 available at taryndevere.com
5. This really cool backpack (which comes in other colours), €45, made from recycled drink bottles. Available at Designist.ie
6. Boulevard Wren and Other Stories, €19.99, is Blindboy Boatclub’s follow-up to the bestselling Gospel According to Blindboy. Blindboy has a big male following so this book is sure to be a hit with the mens in your life. Available here and where ever ye get your books from
7. Donut Mind if I Do Cufflinks, €15,00 available here
8. Beard stuff for beardy people, chemical free, all natural and made in Kerry! Gift sets €17.99 — €39.99, available here
10. Home Brew Kit, €49.93. Home brew beer is yum and so it’s a win win when you give this set, he makes it — you both drink it! Available at Home Brew West
11. “Ride” T-shirt, €24.50, from Hairy Baby
12. A custom portrait, €24.00+ like this one available from Edwina McNamee
13. Buy him his very own hotel! Ok yes it is a Bee and Insect Hotel, but that’s even better than a human one when you think about it cause you don’t need to deal with staff and yaknow…customers! Plus we all need to do our bit for the environment.
€20.00 and available from Irish Garden Birds
14. Smash the Patriarchy Badge, €3.65 available here from Sootmegs
(If your fellow doesn’t want this badge then I suggest you don’t buy him anything from this list, or indeed anything at all cause he might be a bit of a misogynist and frankly they don’t deserve gifts.)